How To Retain Your Nanny, Housekeeper Or Household Manager Long-Term
Well, I have a couple of ideas for you when it comes to retaining your professional nanny, housekeeper or household manager or any other type of household help you may have in your home for the long-run.
- 1st – You need to communicate to your employee what’s working and not working on a monthly basis.
- Sit down and have a formal review with your employee. If you’ve hired your employee through Georgia’s Dream Nannies, then we can help you with a sample Job Evaluation Form (Just contact us and we’ll email one to you).
- Let your employee off an hourly early once in a while as a surprise.
- Give your employee a small bonus for Christmas.
- Give your employee a raise.
- Don’t pile on extra job duties and expect the pay to be the same. Make sure that you increase your hourly rate for any new job duties or extra children. Also, make sure that you always discuss the extra duties and new pay with the employee first before expecting them to follow along with a smile.
More Tips On How To Retain Your Nanny, Housekeeper Or Household Manager Long-Term
- Don’t yell at your employee when you’ve had a bad day.
- Don’t whine to your employee about your personal problems.
- Don’t expect the employee to be you!
- Sign up with Georgia’s Dream Nannies NOW or call us at 770-517-0443. We have a 10+ year track-record placing household help in homes and helping families retain long-term relationships. See what others are saying about us here
- Don’t expect the employee to think like you – Be open and let them know if you are dissatisfied with something.
- Don’t communicate through social media, texts or email only. Make sure that you make it a point to communicate when you are happy about their work or not face-to-face – ALWAYS. Leave the texts for quick reminders, etc.
- Don’t talk about your employee in front of the children, unless it’s positive.
- Georgia’s Dream Nannies has a very long track-record of helping families hire and retain household help for over 10-years. Our previously closed clients contact us to help them hire other household help like a Newborn Specialist/Night Nanny, housekeepers, household managers, etc in their time of need because they know we truly care about finding the most professional care for their homes long-term.