Nannies and Families
Taking Time Out From Technology
I am confident in saying that technology has greatly improved areas of our lives. From communication, connection, contact, and just plain fun – the world is at our fingertips.
The impact that it has had on family life though is questionable. There seems to be less family connection as we connect with colleagues, friends and even strangers. The distractions are endless and can sidetrack us from being present with our children, spouses, parents and extended family. This is where the word INTENTIONAL becomes very important.
At Georgia’s Dream Nannies we truly value the importance of family. For the next couple of weeks let’s explore ways we can pause and intentionally focus on those people who matter the most to us and invest into those relationships.
- Plan a family meal and get the whole family involved in cooking together. From chopping vegetables, measuring ingredients to watching the transformation process from ingredients to a meal to setting the table – there are so many life lessons that can be learned and shared. And the conversations and memories will be priceless.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle together. Yes, it might drive you slightly crazy but you will learn a lot about each other. And my children still talk about the time my sister and I spent Christmas afternoon working on a puzzle. The laughter and the arguing over straight edges first or starting in the middle are now a holiday memory.
- Give the family dog a bath. Enjoy. (We don’t necessarily recommend bathing the family cat).
- Build a fort and have a family slumber party on Friday night. Watch movies, make popcorn and snacks.
- Make a care package for an overseas military member or go get some toys for the local children’s hospital.
Try these activities this week or weekend. You will never regret everyone setting aside the technology and connecting and building those memories and strengthening those relationships.
Are you looking to hire a nanny or other domestic staff? Are you looking for a nanny job or other type of domestic career? We can help! Georgia’s Dream Nannies offers premium nanny and household services throughout Metro-Atlanta cities like Kennesaw, Atlanta, Acworth, Alpharetta, Avondale Estates, Canton, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Lilburn, Cartersville, Dacula, Dallas, Holly Springs, Milton, Peachtree City, Roswell, Smyrna, Sandy Springs, Sugar Hill, Suwanee and Woodstock.