Fire-Pit Party Ideas & New Twist Using S’mores
Gather Your Friends Around The Fire-pit This Weekend
I can’t believe that we are smack-dab in the middle of Summer. I wrote this blog post several years ago during the Fall season, but thought that it would also make a great Summer-time memory for families as well. Let’s go!
It’s time to grab your friends and have a s’mores party around the fire-pit! It’s just starting to cool off at night, so pull out those cozy blankets. You might as well just go ahead and plan this easy going fire-pit party with s’mores and your friends. It’s a simple, fun, and easy way to be sociable and the kids will LOVE it.
Typically, S’mores is a combination of graham crackers, milk chocolate and cooked marshmallows, but but I have attached a few new twists! You will get inspired to make S’mores cookies or even create a bowl or basket full of the supplies for your guests to create their own special twist – A S’mores bar if you wish :).
- Set up a S’mores Bar! I just love this idea of setting up a S’mores Bar for your guests. You can add strawberries, Andes Mints, blueberries, bananas, Kit-Kat bars, white & dark chocolate bars, chocolate graham crackers – Tons of great combinations here. Super easy to fix up! Just display the food on white platters – nothing fancy.
- Campfire Cupcakes – Make adorable bonfire cupcakes for your next party! I love the tin-foil liners too!
- S’mores Bar With Baskets- I just love how simple this S’mores bar setup is…Talk about easy clean-up!
- S’mores On A Stick – This is super cute, easy and very kid-friendly
7 Great Campfire Songs To Download On Your I-Pod
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- True Colours – Cyndi Lauper
- Baby, I Love your Way – Peter Frampton
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Everybody Hurts – R.E.M.
- Killing Me Softly With His Song – Roberta Flack
- There She Goes – The Las
Throw A Blanket On The Floor and Grab An Autumn Book.
Have A Pretend Campfire Inside!
Make the S’mores (below) with your kids
Bite-Size S’mores – This would work great for your child’s next party at school.
Are you the Mystery Reader for your child’s school ? Well bring in bite size s’mores and read one of the books recommended below. I have included a list of GREAT school books to read during the season of Fall – (See list below)
Mystery Reader Ideas
- Throw A Blanket On The Floor and Grab An Autumn Book.
- Have A Pretend Campfire Inside
- The Kids Will Love it!
6 Mystery Reader List Book Ideas To Go Along With The S’mores
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert I have this book – Love it 🙂
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
- Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
- Patty’s pumpkin patch by Teri Sloat
- The Little Scarecrow Boy by David Diaz
- The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree by Gail Gibbons