As a parent, you and your nanny both have a responsibility to help your children grow and develop into the best people they are capable of being. Life is hard and everything we do and say has a bigger impact on the people around us than we will ever know. But we can be intentional about what we say and do with the children under our care.
Here are 5 ways you and your nanny can positively influence the children closest to you on a day to day basis.
1) A simple yet sincere compliment can make a child’s day. “Compliments are little gifts of love. Compliments are one of the most extraordinary components of social life. If given right they create so much positive energy that they make things happen almost as if by magic.” Psychology Today.
2) Show an interest in what your children are saying and doing. Research shows that listening to children encourages them to share their feelings, which reduces the risk for anti-social behavior and bullying.
3) Show your love and support with physical contact. “Loving touch is key to healthy brain development” says Psychology Today.
4) Show children the beauty of nature. Going outside relaxes us and reduces cortisol levels. “Five minutes outside is all it takes get the mood-boosting effect,” according to a 2010 study in the journal Environmental Science & Technology.
This great city of Atlanta is full of beautiful green areas and public parks, take advantage and visit them this weekend!
5) Tell your children you are proud of how hard they worked to learn something new. Knowing it is ok to fail- that it is just part of the journey to success will benefit them throughout life.
So, go and be a positive, encouraging voice to the children in your life!