Jan 16 2013
5 Things You Should Do Before You Start Your Nanny Job Search
1. Make sure you know what type of job you would best fit in.
- Do you want to be a full time nanny or part time nanny?
- Do you want a live in nanny position or a live out nanny position ?
- Do you want a temporary position or a permanent /long-term nanny position?
- How many hours a week do you want to work ? What is your minimum amount and limit?
- Do you want to work with the mother in the home or out of the home ?
- Do you want to work with a baby or elementary children?
- How many children do you want to work with on a daily basis?
2. Get organized!
- Type out a cover-letter,
- Make a resume
- Gather a list of your references and make sure that you type out the list!
3. Research the nanny profession
- Search for nanny blogs and support forms online
- Talk with other nannies
4. Become CPR & 1st Aid Certified