28 Fun places to visit and things to do
Wow – it’s soon going to be Spring Break, and then right behind that is summer. How exciting. Now is the time to start planning and preparing. Nannies – there are so many activities that are fun – Aquariums, Zoo’s, Museums, Jump Zones – these make terrific field trips for your Nanny Children (NC). But, did you know that there are a million fun and free activities that will help you create those million dollar smiles and precious memories?
To help you get started with your planning we have started a list of activities that will engage your children in fun and connect you with each other. Make sure you take super adorable pictures and share with your Nanny Parents.
Check out our 28 Fun places to visit and things to do in Atlanta
- Walk – along the way pick up rocks or pinecones and come home and paint them.
- Park Visits
- Board Games
- Read books or go to Storytime at the local library or bookstore.
- Build a blanket fort
- Go fishing – even if you don’t catch anything, there is still so much fun to be had.
- “Camp” in the backyard
- Have a picnic lunch. (Bonus points if you go to a park near Mom or Dad’s office and have them join you)
- Repot flowers/start an herb garden/start a vegetable garden/plant seeds and watch them grow
- Feed the ducks
- Play Hide and Seek
- Cook/Bake together
- Have a Dance-a-thon
- Learn to count in Spanish or French (there is an app for that)
- Learn to write their name in Chinese (there is an app for that too)
- Wash cars and bikes
- Have a Karaoke party
- Roast marshmallows in the fire pit
- Teach them a dying art (knit, crotchet, needlepoint, cross stitch, tatting, sewing)
- Set up a store and go “shopping”
- Write a story, better yet, a play and then put on a show for Mom and Dad
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Make different kinds of popcorn (cheese, lemon pepper, caramel, sugared)
- Make a movie (smartphone is all that is needed)
- Fly Kites
- Have a water balloon fight
- Blow bubbles